COVID-19 RESPONSE UPDATES
September 15th, 2020
We are open!
- Fall DTS and Schools Status: Starting September 29th (NO DELAYS!)
- Winter DTS and Schools Status: Starting January 5th (NO DELAYS!)
- The campus will operate safely and wisely by implementing a pre-determined safety protocol
We are taking wise precautions for the safety of our students and staff, but we are running full steam ahead!
With the uncertainty of different things opening and closing, we wanted to be very clear: WE ARE OPEN!
We have not changed any school start dates for future schools. We will be running our Fall schools (starting September 29th, 2020) and our Winter schools (starting January 5th, 2021) as planned.
July 14, 2020
- Fall Schools are scheduled to begin September 29th.
- The schools shall operate under the guidelines set forth by state officials.
- All 2021 quarter dates remain unchanged.
Believing 2020 to be a year of breakthrough, YWAM Orlando has prayerfully evaluated the Governor’s ‘phased reopening’ plan and its impact on YWAM Orlando and our school start dates.
As we move forward we will keep in mind all the safety precautions that our government has set - following a Safe, Smart and Step by Step plan. This will be done through prayer and discernment.
We will probably delay whole group gatherings (including our weekly Community Night) until we can wisely and responsibly do so. We want to do all we can to ensure that we create a healthy environment.
We are staying in regular communication with our incoming students and will make sure that they are kept up to date with any changes. Our desire is to serve our students well.
YWAM Orlando is committed to moving forward safely and wisely as we obey the Lord in this breakthrough year of 2020.
YWAM Orlando Campus Adjustments
- You can join us on Facebook and Instagram as we livestream morning worship and Bible engagement every weekday from 9:00AM - 10:00AM EST.
- In accordance with CDC recommendations, we have added additional hand-washing stations around the campus. We have also been only meeting in small groups and implementing social distancing and distanced learning whenever possible.
- We have increased the size of our custodial team and are frequently disinfecting common spaces and surfaces.
We want to emphasize that these changes have been motivated by love and respect for our community and our authorities, and not from a fear of COVID-19. The coronavirus outbreak demands nothing short of diligence, but it does not decrease the urgency of the Great Commission.
Now is an incredible opportunity for the Church to rise up in love and in service to communities around the world. The need for Jesus is more apparent than ever, and our potential to influence the world is great. What the enemy intends for evil, God can use for good.
How You Can Join Us
- Join us in prayer and fasting. The YWAM Orlando community has been committed to prayer for current events. Would you join us in prayer to see the end of COVID-19?
- Join us for our livestream of prayer and worship on Instagram (ywamorlando) and Facebook (OrlandoYWAM). We’ll be hosting it each weekday from 9:00AM - 10:00AM EST.
- Pray for the health and safety of the YWAM Orlando community; incoming, and outgoing students.
- Pray for those impacted by the virus around the world: both the sick, and those immobile due to quarantine.
- Pray that we the church step out of fear and into faith, and find creative ways to minister to and serve our communities.
- Pray for the end of COVID-19.